|PC keyboard in Android|
Happily, there is a way (starting with Android 4.2) to have this cake and eat it too, by enabling 4-row "PC" layout, with an easy way to toggle between 3-row and 4-row layouts. Here's how to do it in Lollipop (Android 5):
- Open Settings > Language & Input.
- Make sure Current Keyboard is set to Google Keyboard.
- Open Google Keyboard.
- Open Appearances & layouts.
- Open Custom input styles.
- Click + to add a style.
- Select desired Language, select PC for Layout, then Add.
- Return to Google Keyboard Settings.
- Select Languages.
- Turn Use system language off.
- Turn on your new PC layout (in addition to your standard layout).
- Close Settings.