|Plantronics .Audio 478|
When choosing a computer headset, there are a number of important considerations:
- Analog versus Digital: USB (digital) connection will generally deliver better quality audio than analog jack connection.
- Stereo versus Mono: Both comfort and audio quality tend to be better with stereo headphones even with mono sound.
- Type: The choice of over-the-ear, on-the-ear, or in-the-ear also affects both comfort and audio quality. Many people find lightweight on-the-ear to be the most comfortable, especially for extended wearing, with good quality audio without blocking of ambient sounds.
- Noise Cancellation: Good microphones can cancel ambient sounds making voice pickup clearer, especially with a boom design that puts the microphone hear the mouth.
- While the sound quality of the .Audio 478 is good, it's optimized for speech, not music.
- When ambient sound is an issue, over-the-ear (noise isolating) may be a better choice than on-the-ear.