Beta, thy name is Google.
FIX: Google Voice using Notification sound instead of Ringtone on Android
If you use Google Voice on your Android device, and
incoming calls are not using your desired ringtone, then
here's how to fix the problem:
- Open phone Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications.
- Select Voice (in All apps if not visible).
- Select Notifications.
- Under OTHER, select Incoming call.
- Expand Advanced. (On Android 11. Skip this step on Android 12.)
- Select Sound
- Select desired ringtone sound (which should then play) and close Settings.
- Sound will still show "Default notification sound" (a bug), but correct Ringtone should now play.
- Verified with Google Pixel 4a 5G (bramble) running Android 11. May not apply to other versions.
- Android 12: There is no Advanced option. Skip Step 6.
I tried this with Android 12 but only notification sounds appeared in the list of choices. I used a file explorer and found my ringtone in the Ringtones folder. I copied my desired ringtone to the Notifications folder and then it became one of the choices. Hope this helps someone else!ReplyDelete
It might, but only if you include your phone and carrier, since it differs from stock Android 12. I rechecked to be sure.Delete