- Close any Chrome windows that might be open.
- Click Windows Start at left end of Task Bar, put the following in Search Box or Run, and press [Enter]:
That should open an Explorer window with folders including "Chrome".
- Right-click on the "Chrome" folder, and then click "Restore previous versions" in the pop-up menu to open the Chrome Properties window.
- Click to select the top (most recent) version, and then click "Restore...".
- That should pop up a confirmation window ("Are you sure you want to restore..."). Click Restore.
- Windows should then copy a bunch of files to restore Chrome, finishing with
"The folder has been successfully restored to the previous version."
- Click OK to close the message, then close the Properties and Explorer windows.
- Launch Chrome. If you get a "didn't shut down properly" message just close it with the "X" at the right (or ignore it).
- This procedure is covered in Windows 7 Help and Support under "Recover lost or deleted files" in the section "To restore a file or folder to a previous state".
- You can try restoring an earlier version if necessary.
- If this doesn't work, you can start over by closing Chrome and deleting the Chrome folder.